This program includes our Birth – 5 years sessions which run every Friday morning between 9:00am – 10:30am. Our goal is to create a community rich in learning and teaching so we can provide opportunities to develop meaningful relationships with the three central protagonists in a child’s learning – the child, the family and the school.
It is endorsed by Catholic Education Tasmania and involves the bringing together of families, educators and community support groups. Setup for Success enables us to support existing school families and allows us to develop ongoing relationships with potential families in the community who may not be aware of what St Paul’s Catholic School has to offer. Engaging parents with the learning community will enable greater communication between school and home, between the child and their family and support learning.
- Reading – exploring different text and modelling reading to children
- Early literacy and numeracy support
- The importance of positive play and how to enable this
- The development of fine and gross-motor skills
- Music and dance
- Positive transition from home to Kindergarten schooling
- Developing relationships with other families and children in the community
To keep up to date with Setup for Success join the ‘Setup for Success @ St Paul’s Catholic School’